Questions to consider
Some questions to consider to help you in developing your career narrative are:
- What characterises your experience of being an academic woman at Imperial?
- What are the factors that have helped you to progress in your career to date?
- What (if any) challenges/obstacles have you encountered for your career progression so far?
- Can you identify any specific career turning points?
- Who has influenced your career?
- What were the highs and lows of your career so far?
When crafting your story, feel free to talk about other factors that have shaped your life and thus your career e.g. children, relationships, living or coming from abroad, other caring responsibilities, health, finances etc.
Please consider if and how your gender, race, class, sexual orientation, dis/ability, nationality has played a role in your career.